Monday 14 November 2011

some resources for you to try

some resources for practise our English:
-Listen to music in English and read the letters of this songs
-See films with the subtitles in English
-Doing meetings with Erasmus people
-Use the social networks in English
-Simulate situations of the daily life           Silvia Acero Álvarez


Hello! my name is Ana Herrero

I have visited any of the websites like "bbc.co.uk" and "guadian.co.uk". The best for me is "guardian" because it speaks about many social topics such as news, spots, culture, business, money, travel, blogs... I think it´s a newspaper very complete and also it gives you the oppotunity to choose the topic more interests for you.
A website that I like is "National geographic" because for me is very interting, it shows impresive photographs of beatifuk places. I like also because has interting videos and corious stories about people, animals and places.

bye!


Hi,
I want to tell you which are the best resources for me to improve my english:
-I use to listen american and english music. At the moment I can´t understand all the song´s phrases, but I am slowly getting perception thanks to translate the song by one hand, and listen it repeatedly on the other hand.
-Films in english are other resource. I start to see a film in english with subtitles in spanish. After, I see the film with subtitles in english and finally, I don´t read the subtitles. I recognize the pronunciation so different between british and american english.
-I have a friend in my class who speaks english very well since he was a child. I will try to persuade him to converse in english.
- The best way to realize where is our problem is this course. I think we know many english grammar but we are not accustomed to say it. A weak point in our learning is not to conversate. So I guess that´s the best medicine to the big problem.            Jorge González Solano
 
 
Hello, this are my resources for learn English:
-          Sometimes I do exercises in Bussu. You can practice grammar, listening and speaking with other persons. http://www.busuu.com/es
-          Usually I see series and films in English with subtitles in Spanish, like The Office or The Wire.
-          Not very often I study grammar with the book "Essential Grammar in Use"
-          Maybe I could practice my English in a public library with the course of conversation. Some courses are free but I don’t have many time.
-          I know people “change” his Spanish by English with others persons in Madrid for improve his English.

Have a good day.
Raúl


Hi!!

Here, I have found some interesting links about the phonetic and pronunciation. It is important because of the reading the english text. When I read a book, newspaper... I don´t know the meaning of one word, I look for it in the diccionary but it is only useful in order to know the meaning, but... if I want to pronounce the word I don´t know to do it because I don´t know the symbols that appear next to the word in the diccionary. Also, it is necessary to practice everyday and repeat  a lot of times.

This link shows the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) symbols.In this page, you can press the symbols and you can hear the pronunciation with examples.Also, it has a intoduction and explanation about the matter.

This second link: http://www.oupchina.com.hk/dict/phonetic/home.html it is a page where you can find other links about the phonetic and pronunciation with exercises more specifics: vowel sounds, consonants, phonetic transcription, listen to the words, some activities: listening, games...
It is important to have a variety of exercises and some ways in order to become to learn , in this way it isn´t bored.       
 Oh! I have forgotten to send a link about pronunciation advices, the worse it is the page is written in spanish.


 I prefer to speak slow, right with clear pronunciation than I speak so fast and the person, who I am speaking, doesn´t understand me.                                Jessica Jimenez
         




 


8 comments:

  1. Resources to learn English

    1. To visit every day web pages in English, and to read at least the titles of the important news of the day. For example http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/, or http://www.nytimes.com/.
    2. To see movies and series in English with subtitles in English, with this resource you learn very rapidly.
    3. To listen to music in English and to translate the letters from these, for my it is the best resource.
    4. To revise the important grammar and then to do exercises in web sites.
    5. To speak in English with classmates Erasmus in the university, or when you stay in a disco speak with the Erasmus girls in English.
    6. To go in summer to countries where they speak English.
    Mario López Redondo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some resources to learn english

    1. I usually watch tv series in VO with subtitles and, sometimes, without them. I think is a good option because you can hear natives.

    2. Another choice is to visit english websites. I normally visit a lot of sports websites because of my job. I improve a bit my vocabulary and that's the reason why I have more words to use when I speak about sports in my work.

    3. In my opinion, If you have enough money, a great choice is travel to abroad. In other contries you can speak in english and increase your fluency.

    4. Some people read books in english. That's another alternative to improve your english level.

    5. Send e-mails with natives people. It could be fun.

    6. Listen englis music.

    Héctor Chamizo Llamas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! actually my english resources are not very much. For study english, I usually visit the links that the teacher gave us like bbc and guardian to improve my pronuntiation and the listening, and I read the articles to learn more vocabulary. Apart from this I usually do the exercises of csim webpage (http://csimextra.blogspot.com/p/b11.html)when we finish a unit and the exercises of CD that I got with books. And now I'm trying to read a book in english that I found with google books. Bye!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everybody!
    I’m not sure where I have to write this paragraph about transport, so there are a lot of comments about how we can improve our English but anybody talks about transport.
    I have some ideas to improve the public transport of Madrid, especially for buses and underground. I think it’s important to have a pleasant journey so I propose switch de radio on with light music. Moreover, it’s really necessary put dustbin inside vehicles, in this way people maybe don’t throw papers on the ground. Finally, I think all the passengers must have a good predisposition and try to be kind and smile a little bit.
    See you later.

    Joana M. Duran Andreu

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you think about public transport? We have been speaking about this,specially about bicycle.I think there aren't bicycle culture in Spain, so we must change this situation because it's less polluting than other public transports. The worst problem is there aren't bike lane around all cities. Sometimes, there are a lot of distance between two sites, too. But I will try to ride on bike more times, you could try with mee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everybody:

    I'm going to talk about transport too.
    On the one hand, Spanish people think the bycicle is not a transport, they think it's for fun.
    Moreover, roads are not prepared for the cyclist. On the other hand, bike is a cheaper transport.

    Bye.

    Alberto Martínez

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning:
    I'm found this web site to looking for a job in the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games in London 2012.
    I´m think is a great opportunity to learn english!
    Ana Marchante Jiménez

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh sorry, this is the web site:
    http://www.london2012.com/get-involved/jobs/index.php
    Ana Marchante

    ReplyDelete