Saturday 18 February 2012

racism in sport

here's a note from Arturo Delgado Ruiz on the situation with Liverpool footballer Suarez, who was banned for racist remarks. Please leave your own comments on this affair or on racism in sport or racism in general below.

"I think Suarez´s situation deserves a correct explication. Well, first I would say that I don´t believe the Evra´s accusation, because in the Premier and France all people know how is his conduct on the grass and off. Even, he has had some problems with her coaches in the recent past. Here, the really important is the ethnic problem. Evra has been playing in England during years and he knows the multicultural issues that appear from all sides. And for this, he knows the damages that the word "negro" can do in Public Opinion.

But, is necessary the persecution that Suarez has recived? I think not. Suarez is a great footballer and better person, but the press and journalists have attacked him. Why didn´t they see how Rio Ferninand removed his hand? or Why did evra celebrate the victory too near Suárez? Ummm, these questions haven´t interest for anybody, I don´t know.

I don´t support the racism, but I think that respect and honor must be same for all. Here, this have not happened."
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Cayetana Jiménez20 February 2012 at 10:08

    Really, I don't know of no case of racism in sport. In this case, I think that a lot of journalists only write about controversial issues because they believe they will have more public. But, sometimes, if you say the total true, the all history, you will have more reputation and you will be respected by the public. Sometimes, the public opinion is worse and more powerful than the judge's opinion.

    Cayetana Jiménez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Antonio Delgado López20 February 2012 at 23:03

    I could see this match and, although, I didn't know very well what happened exactly between Luis and Evra, I could see what they did at the begining and when the match finished and I have to say that it was very sad, for both, of course.

    On the one hand I think Luis didn't show respect to Evra when the match was starting, for that, although he is a great player his attitude wasn't properly for the game and for the spectators who were watching them. On the other hand, Evra looked like a child when the match had finished and he could lose a little bit of reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sergio Aceves Arranz25 February 2012 at 16:06

    I`m whit Arturo`s opinion about that case, but I have to say that Suarez could have to be smarter that Evra doing his hand to him for not to create controversy.
    But sometimes in the sport the pride is stronger that the reason.
    Sergio Aceves Arranz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Francisco J. Panéz Núñez26 February 2012 at 21:18

      I think that this racism problem is not the first case in a football match .So I think that Arturo Suarez will have to apologise to Patrice Evra but even if he doesn´t do it, Evra should continue playing football and with this he will show to fans that he is more polite than Suarez.

      Well for me it is not the end for this problem, they will be enemies in football forever but I think that insulting to another person is not the way to solve any problem.

      FRANCISCO J. PANÉZ NÚÑEZ.

      Delete
  4. there's more:

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/29/pepe-reina-race-row-tv-advert

    ReplyDelete
  5. Manuela Suárez de la Hoz1 March 2012 at 10:39

    I don't have many ideas about racism in sport. But about racism in general I think is behind a lot of little own desitions in the mayority of persons. I don't consider me a racist person. I love meet people to other countries. I born in a island with a lot of migration and tourism, now I live in a big cosmopolitan city, and I do my live specialy in multicultural areas. But I can see racism in a lot of expresions, behaviors, and choices with or without importance all time, including the relationship's form of members to a certain minority.
    I think the solution is to spend time near people to other countries and to adapt our own behavior to the habits of people from different cultures, learning of them and enjoing that time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. carlos gil arellano3 March 2012 at 00:24

    My opinion about the racism in any area of the life is very radical. It should not exist. Nevertheless it is inevitable that it happens and for that reason we must try to reduce its effects. In case of the sport, for example, I think that the own sportsmen should give an image of respect and acceptance cause many people take them as a model to imitate. For that reason I believe that the rivalry is good and positive for the sport, but without being dyed of racism

    ReplyDelete